Thursday 2 April 2015

The Necromunda rules describe a Bounty Hunter as having a vast number of weapons, more than I could ever model on him, and I'm not keen to cover him guns either. This does mean that I can have him holding pretty much anything I like. This Bounty Hunter's head is slightly elevated, so he'd suit a weapon raised to the sky.

I've attached a Forgeworld resin chainsword to an Empire militia arm, and the other arm is from a modern Imperial Guard vehicle crewman, with a resin boltpistol also from Forgeworld. It pains me to cause permanent damage to such a venerable mini, but there's only one way to turn him into a robust gaming piece, so I drilled the shoulders and pinned the arms on.

Using the rules for a Ratskin Scout, the Dogskin can be armed with one of several basic (two-handed rifle-type) weapons, and a maul, bludgeon or axe. As he's largely bare-chested, unclothed arms would fit best, and a good source of these is the Empire Flagellant kit.

I've chosen an autogun, taken from a plastic chaos cultist from the Dark Vengeance set, with the chaos symbols and the supporting hand carved away. I kept the cultist's pistol grip hand, and grafted it to a flagellant arm just above the wrist bracer. The other arm already has a suitable spiked maul (which echoes the model's spiked collar), so I just cut away the distinctive chains from the bracer and maul base. There's a lot of movement in the pose, so I've tried to fit the arms to match, without letting them obscure the details of the face or chest.
More to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment